Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Summer May Be Ending, But Movie Night Is Not

Finally, we are going to be home on a Friday night in August!

Earlier this summer, Yuriko and I went to see the new Star Trek movie (twice!), which was good, but not great. Of course, this led to several discussions of what made the previous movie (Star Trek: Into Darkness, 2013) so amazing. We decided it might be time to revisit it.

Warning--I sobbed uncontrollably in the theater when I saw this movie for the second time in the theater. I realize how strange that is for this kind of movie, and I can't predict what will happen this time--but please try not to be disturbed by any inexplicable emotional eruptions on my part. I just love a good bromance. This one is somewhere between Y Tu Mama Tambien and Superbad.

Directed by JJ Abrams, starring Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, and Benedict Cumberbatch. Here's the trailer:



Stop by anytime after 7pm this Friday (August 26th), and we'll start the movie at 7:30pm.

Hope to see you!


No comments:

Post a Comment